thrilled to say my new printer arrived yesterday, albeit at 9.30 pm!
started tracking our parcel yesterday afternoon, and the courier had 105
deliveries in front of ours!
How hard these couriers work to make sure
we all receive our parcels before Christmas - I hope they are well
rewarded by their employers!
I was playing with The Year of Cheer Washi Tape, and I have to confess I
used nearly the whole roll of this mottled copper tape to achieve this
My original design still didn't work after my third attempt, so I
gave up and moved onto today's card!
started with a card base of Very Vanilla Cardstock (CS).
The next layer was a
piece of Copper Foil, which I anchored onto my Grid Paper using some
Leaving the first half an inch free, I adhered a strip
of washi tape at every alternate half inch line on the grid paper.
alternative way this effect could be achieved is to use any piece of
cardstock for the base and start with a strip of the plain copper washi
tape that comes in the Year of Cheer Washi Tape Pack.
with strips of the mottled design.
I preferred to go for the easy option
because with this alternative method means you have to line one strip
of tape alongside the previous strip perfectly - no margin for error!
adhered the completed panel to the front of my card, and die cut a
Stitched Shape Square, and a larger size Sitched Shape Square in Very
I adhered the two together using Tombow.
Very Vanilla CS and the Starlight Thinlits Dies, I die cut three of the
smallest fancy stars, and five each of the plain medium and small sized
I used the first star full size, and the second one I cut off
the pointed bits above the last oval.
On the last star I cut off
everything and left a Maltese Cross-like shape in the centre with one
oval in-between each part of the coss.
Sorry, but I can't think of another
way to descibe it!
I painted each star with my Clear Wink of Stella
Glitter Pen, and adhered all three together using Dimensionals.
adhered it onto the diamond-shaped squares by using Tombow on the bottom
part of the star.
heat embosed the sentiment , which is from the Star of Light Stamp
Set, and adhered it to the card front using Dimensionals.
I painted the
medium and small stars I'd die cut earlier, with my Clear Wink of Stella
Pen, and layered one of each size together with a dimensional.
two Mini Dimensionals together and used them to adhere the star to the
card base so it came above the sentiment.
decorate the inside of the card, I rescued a panel that matches the
front panel, and adhered it on the right-had side leaving the same gap around three edges that I'd
left around the panel on the front of the card.
I adhered five of the
remaining stamps over this panel.
For the final touch on my card, I
added a large Basic Pearl to the main star on the front of my card.
a few minutes I'm off to have my nails done, and this afternoon, I'm
off to Church for their special service for people who have been
That's it from me today. I hope you have a great weekend. Until tomorrow - and my special project - happy crafting.