Friday, 3 November 2017

Colour Me Happy Project Kit - Card 2

Card 1
Hello, Crafters.

I wasn't sure yesterday if I was going to share more than one card from this kit or not. 

Once I started working on card 2 yesterday, I knew I would write about this one, but the jury is still out about cards 3 and 4; it depends on if I have anything worthwhile to say! LOL!

After wasting the first card from number 1, I decided to have a practice run on a scrap of Whisper White Cardstock (CS) from my stash. 
Card 1 close up

It was a great idea and saved me wasting anything on card 2. 

My first test piece was on our Thick Whisper White Cardstock (CS), but the Stampin' Blends bled over the lines. 

My second attempt was on our regular Whisper White CS, and the results were brilliant. 

I was able to practice the layout as well as the colouring, which gave me the confidence to go for the real thing! 
 
To make sure I stamped the lantern strings on the hanging cords, and didn't leave them hanging in mid-air, I set up my Stamp-a-ma-jig.


I noticed in my kit, the instructions for the white cardstock for this deign shoul measure 3" x 4.5", but mine was actually 2.75" x 4.5". 

Comparing how my images are laid out, I think it's probably a typo; I don't feel that I've had to squeeze the images together to get them in.

Card 2 close up
I was successful using the Gold Foil Tape on this card, because it was easy to use a ruler and draw marks where the tape should go.

I did it in such a way that the marks were covered up when I adhered the image sheet over them. 

First of all, I measured 0.75" up from bottom, and down from top; then I measured in from the fold in by 1.25", top and bottom.

If you'd like yours more central I think it would be better if you measure in at just 1" or even 0.75" - test it before marking your cardstock. 
 
I used the same Thank You sentiment as yesterday instead of the Celebrate from the Colour Me Happy Stamp Set. 

With regard to the white thread, the instruction was to put a tassle on a 6" piece and tie around the white image.

I tried to get mine to run parallel to the top hanging cord and found it best to add Fast Fuse at the back of the card and adhere from lower left to almost highest point on the right. 

I did consider glueing the twine just underneath the black line but, although it's doable, it can be very messay and I decided better of it.

To keep the tassle in place, I rolled a Glue Dot into a "sausage" and adhered it at the back.

I'm really looking forward to working on card 3 later today! 

That's it from me today. Until tomorrow, happy crafting.

JanB.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment