Thursday, 2 November 2017

Colour Me Happy Project Kit - Card 1

This is card number 2.
Hello, Crafters.

If you checked out the mini Stampin' Blends Catalogue that I linked to yesterday's blog, you will have seen the Colour Me Happy Project Kit and co-ordinating Colour Me Happy Stamp Set.

Please note that if you order both items as a bundle, you'll saveb10%.

A close up of card number 2.
Yesterday I decided to work on the card that appeals to me most in this kit, and to give you my feedback.

I started by opening the kit and photographing it in four groups: the instruction leaflet, the envelopes, the card bases, and the embellishments. 

I have also included a photograph of the stamp set called Colour Me Happy.

This is card number 2 with the envelope.
My first thought when I opened up the Project Kit, was that the colours of the envelopes was back to front, but of course they weren't! 

Please bear in mind that I'm not a good "painter", and this was my first play with our Stampin' Blends. 

This is card number 3 with the envelope open.
The colour goes on beautifully smoothly, with no streaking, and I loved using them. 

Looking at the picture on the leaflet, Stampin' Up! had used the Dark Pink Pirouette for the centre of the flower, and Light Pink Pirouette on the outside, so I followed suit. 

This is card number 1.
I made a real pig's ear of my first piece of angled cardstock, mainly because my Memento Tuxedo Black Ink Pad was really dry - my stamping was atrocious!

I'll remedy this by cutting myself another piece of angled cardstock using my regular Whisper White Cardstock, and re-inking my ink pad of course!!

This is close up of card number 1.
I wasn't happy with dark on the nside, light on the outside, so I changed over to dark on the edges and light in between. 
If you look at the card with the thick strip of Gold Glimmer Paper, you'll see three SU flowers and four of mine. 

There is no right or wrong way of painting as we are allowed artistic licence, fortunately! LOL!

The instruction leaflet.
Before adhering the flowery cardstock to the card base, the instructions were to adhere a piece of the Gold Foil Tape so it would just tuck underneath the edge of the cardstock. 

As I always struggle with straight lines anyway, I took a lot of care lining up the correct position for the tape.............and still got it wrong! No surprises there! 

I moved onto Plan B, and managed to correct my mistake, but it showed! 

I persevered and adhered the sentiment - which I had changed to Thank You from the Banners for You Stamp Set - using Tombow. 
Colour Me Happy Stamp Set

I decided I really didn't like the scruffy looking Gold Foil Tape, so I covered it with a strip of 
Gold Glimmer Paper from my stash! 

Unfortunately, this went over the top of the sentiment, so I added another on top but using Dimensionals 

On the next card, I went straight for a narrower strip of Gold Glimmer Paper, and adhered the banner over it. 

When I'd adhered the banner on the third card, I looked over at the second card, and from the side, the bump where the banner went over the gold was visible. Grrr!!
The envelopes

I took two more banners - there were six in the kit - and put them on top using Dimensionals. 

I can make another two from Pink Pirouette cardstock when I'm ready to make the fourth card.


The final touch was to add three sequins to each card, but I don't like sequins! 

The card bases - 4 designs, 4 cards of each.
Instead, I painted some Basic Rhinestones with the Dark Pink Piroutte Blend Pen, added one to the centre of each flower, and some to the banners. 

The colour of the painted Rinestones is really very pretty - I love it!

Now that I've sussed out how it's best for me to put this first design together, I love it and I can see how easy it'll be to replicate this design! 

I also think the envelopes are stunning, too, they look so classy with the gold foil edging!

That's it from me today. Until tomorrow, happy crafting.

The embellishments.
JanB.

No comments:

Post a Comment