Today's card took a
lot of experimenting with colours yesterday, and eventually I ran out of
As much as I like today's card, it just doesn't pop, so I may have
another play with it today, depending on how things go!
I first started my card I knew I wanted to use a Silver Foil Snowflake as well
as the Let It Snow tag, and I wanted Elegant Eggplant for my colour.
die cut the top layer of Elegant Eggplant Cardstock (CS) using the Card
Front Builder Thinlits and put it over a layer of Silver Foil.
this to a layer of Smokey Slate CS because I felt it looked too dark, and the difference was amazing..........it looked brilliant!
Next I took a scrap
of Elegant Eggplant CS, and wiped over it with my Embossing Buddy.
stamped the sentiment tag in Versamark, and covered it with Silver
Embossing Powder. After I'd removed the excess powder, I heat set the
image using my Heat Tool, and then punched it out using the
co-ordinating Everyday Label Punch.
I laid all the pieces of my card
in position and felt it all looked rather dark!
heat embossed another tag using White Embossing Powder, and swapped it
over with the silver embossed tag.
At this point I decided the Smokey
Slate layer should be Whisper White to pick up the white embossing, but
felt white was too stark, and the silver Snowflake was the only silver on the card!
From this point, I started going round in ever decreasing circles!
decided to use the reverse side of the Snowflake which is quite a
creamy colour, and I changed the Whisper White CS layer to Very Vanilla
Now it was slowly coming together, or so I thought!
I adhered the
card together but I was left with quite a large expanse of plain
cardstock at the bottom of the front of the card.
It was too late to tie
some ribbon around it so I found two thin strips of Very Vanilla CS and
adhered them across the lower half of the card, which helped to balance the elements I'd
used, but it still needed something.
I felt a ribbon bow would be too
much, so I used Elegant Eggplant Ink and stamped the bow from the Holly
Berry Happiness Stamp set.
I punched it out using the Holly Berry
Builder Punch, but cut around the edges when I found it was too big to
sit on the two thin strips, without the tails of the bow protruding off
the bottom of the card.
Once I'd made the bow smaller, I didn't feel
it looked right, and adhered it above the tag, on the Snowflake; it
adhered a layer of Very Vanilla CS inside my card, and my plan was to
adhere all the cut outs from the Card Front Builder Thinlits back in the
same position as on the front of the card - I'd very carefully kept all
the pieces in their correct position so I'd know where everything went!
By the time I'd reached this stage, my patience had gone, so I settled
for a small arrangement of them in the bottom right hand corner.
of the most pleasing elements of this card is to be able to use the
reverse side of the Snowflake. In fact, as I'm writing, I make this into
a video, I'll see how today goes!
That's it from me today. Until tomorrow, happy crafting!