Every now and again
there are occasions - like today - when my modesty goes straight out of
Please forgive me, but I'm so pleased how today's card has
I'm planning this for my Wednesday video, although it'll
take some forward planning.
started my card by heat embossing four - the plan being three for the
front and one for the inside of the card - of the bells from the
Seasonal Bells Stamp Set using White Embossing Powder on Elegant
Eggplant Cardstock (CS).
Then I used normal household bleach and painted inside
While I was waiting for the bleach to work its magic, I
stamped another four using Silver Embossing Powder on Basic Grey CS, and
then painted them with bleach.
this time my plan had changed to five bells as seen in my finished
card, and I knew I wanted a darker outline for the bells.
developing results on the first two sets of bells, I chose Smokey Slate
CS with Copper Embossing Powder, and created five bells.
I should have
done six, so I had one for the inside of the card!
punched the bells out using the Bell Punch, but I didn't like the
outside of cardstock showing, so I fussy cut around the edge of the heat
inked the Sheet Music Background Stamp with Sahara Sand Ink, and stamped
Then I took a layer of Whisper White CS and laid it on top of
the stamp, making sure I positioned it straight.
I took a scrap of
paper, placed it over the cardstock, and gently rubbed all over.
Tombow, I adhered this layer onto a layer of Copper Foil, and then onto a
Whisper White CS card base.
I should have waited before adhering to the
card base so I could have adhered the top of the 1/4" Copper Trim at the back
of the Copper Foil! DOH!
Never mind, I successfully anchored the top of
the trim down using Glue Dots.
punched holes in the top of each bell using my 1/8" Handheld Punch, and
threaded the Copper Trim through all the bells.
I adhered the bells to the card front using
At this stage I decided I needed a pop of colour and chose the holly and berries
stamp from the Carols of Christmas Stamp Set.
I painted them using
Garden Green and Real Red Marker Pens, making a total of nine
I die cut them using the Card Front Builder Thinlits Dies.
heat embossed the sentiment from the Star of Light Stamp Set, onto a
piece of Very Vanilla CS, and adhered it to a layer of Copper Foil.
was then adhered to the card front using Tombow.
Finally I added the
holly using Glue Dots on the five bells, and Tombow in each of the four corners.
the time I reached this stage, it was getting quite late and I was
beginning to feel quite tired...............but I still hadn't decorated
inside my card!
This is just the second occasion since I started
decorating the insides of my cards on 01.01.17 that I haven't done it!
adhered a layer of Whisper White CS onto a layer of Copper Foil, and
adhered that inside my card, and left it!
At least this way I can go back to my card
and finish it off properly at any time, rather than forcing myself to do
something and run the risk of spoiling my card!
penultimate photograph shows the results of the other two bells I
Originally I photographed the "pink" bell on a sheet of Blushing Bride
CS, and the "yellow" bell on a sheet of So Saffron CS.
The idea was that I thought
it would give you a good idea of the true colours!
However, being the
lousy photographer I am, while the Blushing Bride didn't look too bad, the So Saffron
looked more like Daffodil Delight see the last photograph!
I don't have any immediate plans for thes other bells, but as the saying goes, watch this space!
I hope you have a great weekend. Until tomorrow, happy crafting.