Yesterday morning I was busy catchng up with emails, texts and private messages on Facebook.
I came up for air, and lunch at about two o'clock, and
after lunch I moved into my studio. Ahhhhh! But where to start!
The first job I dealt with was putting the Paper and Ribbon shares together ready for posting this morning.
On Sunday I'm going to Natalie's training with one of the ladies from my team, so this means making swaps!
We only need to do sixteen, so I'm going to make the coffee cup boxes that featured in one of my videos recently.
I already have three that I made for the video, so it shouldn't take too long today to make the remaining thirteen boxes.
Yesterday, as the end of the month is looming quite quickly, I decided I'd make this month's Customer Thank You Cards.
The design is very similar to previous Thank You cards, but this time I've used Dimensionals to give the flowers a bit of height.
It's very unusual for me to do something like this on Thank You cards as I normally keep them quite simple.
I used our Notecards and Envelopes which come in packs of twenty. Using Tranquil Tide Ink, I stamped the THANKS sentiment from the You Move Me Stamp Set.
Apparently, it's making cards like this that make the Misti come into its own, but I still do my freehand!
I use my Grid Paper to line up where I need to stamp my sentiment, always using the centre dark vertical line as my starting point.
The cards arrive scored but not folded, so I looked at my card and stamped the THANKS where I wanted it to go.
Then I placed it on my Grid Paper, and
lined the base up with the "ruler" that's on the bottom of the Grid paper.
Then I eyeballed the beginning of the THANKS, and lined it up with my dark vertcal line.
Next I line up the base of the letters with the half inch horizontal line.
From here I note where the left hand side edge of my card is on my ruler - I think it was 3.75".
I stamped all the cards I needed, placing them in the correct position on my Grid Paper, and then went through the same process to decide where I wanted to stamp the leaves.
The leaves and the flowers are from the Oh So Eclectic Stamp Set.
When these were all done, I moved onto the flowers which have been stamped with Berry Burst Ink.
I stamped off once to colour the backgrounds of the flowers, and then die cut them using the Eclectic Layers Thinlits Dies.
Before adhering the flowers to the cards, I folded all the cards on the score line, and gave the edges a good crease using the bone folder.
I adhered the flowers towards the bottom of the leaves using three Mini Dimensionals on each.
For the centre of the flowers I decided to use Lemon Lime Twist Ink, and tried using the "background" stamp,with the ink stamped off once.
However, I think you need to choose which stamp you want to use for the centre of the flower, rather than using both because both stamps have details on them.
I tried lining them up, but it didn't appear to be the right thing to do, so I gave it a miss - see photograph 3A!
I was happy with just one first generation stamp - see photographs 1A, 2A, and 4A.
After stamping and die cutting the required amount of flower centres, I adhered one inside each flower using Tombow Glue.
Today's my day for a bit of pampering - I'm off to get my nails manicured shortly.
I was recently contacted by dotcomgiftshop asking me if they could feature one of my cards on a blog they were working on called "16 ways to say it with a greetings card". I don't think they chose one of my best cards, but the card they did choose helped demonstrate the point they were making. You can check it out here - twelfth card I think:- Dot Com Gift Shop Blog. The card underneath mine is by another Stampin' Up! demonstrator, Linda Parker.
I hope you have a great weekend. Until tomorrow, happy crafting!