I finished off the personal Get Well Card I shared with you yesterday
by adding the recipient's name, and as I'd hoped, it finished the card
I have to confess that I did think my card was looking
somewhat bare, but it all came out well with the addition of the name!
Phew! Thought I
might have to go back to the drawing board on that one!
so, so pleased I saw Frenchie's video that I shared with you last week about
marking all unused stamp sets with Washi Tape; it gets removed when
the stamp set is used.
Today's card has used another of my previously
unused stamp sets, but before I tell you about it, I'd like to tell you
about the other part of Frenchie's video I didn't tell you about!
explained she had this idea from how she organises her wardrobe!
year after she has finished her annual spring clean, Frenchie makes sure
all her the hangers in her wardrobe that have clothes on, all the
hanger hooks (handles) are facing the same way i.e. all to the back or
all to the front.
When she puts something back in the wardrobe after
she's worn it, and it's been washed/cleaned the hanger goes back into
the wardrobe with the hook facing the opposite direction!
she does her next annual spring clean, clothes on hangers that haven't
been worn, get tossed out, and she starts again!
She says if one year is
too soon for you, put a ribbon around the hanger hooks that haven't
moved, and then start again.
The next sping clean, if a hanger with a
ribbon still hasn't moved, definitely toss it out!
Why am I telling you
this? Because I have a huge fight trying to get my clothes in and out of my wardrobe -
I'm a terrible hoarder! - which is effort enough at the best of time,
but definitely not a good idea with two broken ribs!
today's card! This is actually take two, because I wasn't happy with
take one and, very fortunately, I had time to try again!
I started with
the flower stamp and painted it using my Marker Pens: Rose Red for the
flower heads, Olive Green for the stems and leaves, and Basic Black
Archival Ink for the sentiment.
I stamped the watering can in Versamark
and then heat embossed it with Copper Embossing Powder.
I cut it out
leaving a small white edge all around.
die cut the flowers using the largest circle Stitched Shapes Framelit
die and layered it onto a scalloped circle I'd die cut using the largest
scallop circle from the Layering Circles Framelits die.
This is where I
went wrong on take one!
For take two I took a top layer of Whisper
White Cardstock (CS) and embossed it used the Dynamic Pinewood Planks
I adhered this onto a layer of Wild Wasabi CS, and
tied a piece of the amazingly soft 0.25" Copper Trim around it, and into a
I love this trim because it can be pulled to open it up, as I have
done for the tails!
adhered the flowers using Tombow, and then the watering can using
This was then adhered to my Whisper White CS card base.
I did take three - which I would have done if I'd had more time! LOL! - I'd leave off the ribbon, and centralise the flower
image and the watering can, as well as using a middle layer of Copper
To finish my card, I
painted the top half of the flower stamp again, and stamped it in the
bottom right hand corner of Whisper White CS layer, which I adhered
to a layer of Wild Wasabi CS, and then I adhered both inside the card.
That's about it today. Until tomorrow, happy crafting!