Tuesday, 8 August 2017

Good Tidings

Hello, Crafters.

Yesterday UPS delivered two of the four parcels I'm expecting - hopefully that means two more today! 

One parcel was lots of Christmas catalogues that I'll be sending out to my customers in a couple of weeks. 

The second parcel was my pre-order goodies! YAY!

The first stamp set I played with out of that box is the Glad Tidings two step photopolymer set. 

I love the variation in colour that's achieved so easily with Stampin' Up's two step stamps, and this set is no exception.

At first I wasn't sure about the stems but as soon as I had used them I loved them, right down to the little brown circles on the holly berries. 

The detail Stampin' Up! put into their stamps is just amazing!

I started my card with a base of Basic Black Cardstock (CS), a layer of Whisper White CS and a top layer of the black script design in the Merry Music Specialty Designer Series Paper (DSP).

I stamped two images of the large holly and berries image in the Glad Tidings Stamp Set. 

I started with the detailed leaves stamp and stamped the image onto a piece of Whisper White CS using Pear Pizzazz Ink. 

Then I stamped the all over background leaves stamp but stamped off once first.

When using this stamp set, I had to make sure I paid attention to keeping the stamps positioned correctly, as shown on the acetate sheet they arrive on. 

Next I stamped the detailed berries stamp using Real Red Ink, followed by the background berries stamp, which I stamped off once.

Finally I did the detailed stem stamp using Soft Suede Ink, followed by the all over background stamp which I'd stamped off once. 

There isn't a co-ordinating die set for this stamp set so I fussy cut the two images, which really was very easy! 

For the sentiment, I wiped over a piece of Whisper White CS with my Embossing Buddy, and then stamped the sentiment using Versamark.

I sprinkled over it with Basic Black Embossing Powder, and heat set using my Heat Tool. 

I die cut it using the largest square die from the Stitched Shapes Framelits. 

Then I die cut a Layering Square Framelit using Basic Black CS, and the scalloped die no.9.

I assembled my card by adhering the card base and two layers using Tombow. 

I adhered one image in the top left hand corner and one in the bottom right hand corner. 
 
I used the sentiment to help me decide exactly where I wanted my images adhere.  

Then I adhered the sentiment to the scalloped layer, and adhered it to the card front using Dimensionals.

To finish my card, I stamped the small two step stamp image of holly and berries using the same colour scheme as before.

I used my Soft Suede Marker Pen to draw in the brown dots on the berries to match the images on the front of my card. 

I did toy with the idea of adding something extra to the sentiment for example a bow, but in the end I decided to leave it clear .

As always, I enjoyed playing with this two-step stamping set.

That's about it for today, Until tomorrow, happy crafting.

JanB.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, I see what you mean about those branches! They look as if you could just pick them off the paper ... so realistic! Wonderful, Jan. Still getting used to the black, but it does really make the images on top, pop ... no two ways about it! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Geraldine. It's this attention to detail that makes Stampin' Up! stand out from the crowd! ☺ Happy crafting, JanB.

      Delete