I hope you've enjoyed a great weekend.
went to the carpet showroon yesterday and we were in and out in next to no
It was so easy because we took with us the original invoice from April 2004, which
was when we bought our existing carpet.
I also has a sample of the
carpet which I'd kept from the offcuts!
I explained to the salesman we wanted to
re-carpet the whole house in this carpet, and handed him the offcut.
located the carpet we wanted, and asked us to confirm this was correct.
It was identical to the original carpet!
When we all sat down I handed
him the invoice, and explained about the insurance.
minutes, we had bought and paid for the new carpet, and agreed to have
it fitted on 3rd-4th August!
The salesman said it would be easier to spread it over two days to allow us time to clear my studio!
I'll be so pleased when this is over and done with!
afternoon I spent some time in my studio, preparing my Thailand swaps
for videoing today.
It was the first time I'd had a close look at them.
The designs are really good, but I was disappointed to find that only
about 3 or 4 demos had included the recipe with their swap!
I don't know if including the recipe with swaps is something that only happens with the European market.
I went through all my swaps and identidified what stamp sets I believe had been used.
If I'm wrong with any of them, I'm sure the swap could be made with the set I quote!
All the swaps are ready to be videoed .
All being well, I'll upload it
of the handmade birthday cards I shared with you last week featured a
beautiful watering can that had been coloured and then cut out by hand.
commented that I didn't recognise which stamp set it had come from.
friend of mine in the US told me it was from the Just Add Colour
Specialty Designer Series Paper (DSP). Many thanks, Cathy!
I just had to give it a try!
chose to use the teapot sheet that also included teacups.
I used Sweet
Sugarplum, Pear Pizzazz and Daffodil Delight Inks to colour the teapot,
and just Sweet Sugarplum for the cup.
I squeezed ink into the ink pad lids and
painted the images using a Blender Pen.
I don't really like these
"rough" drawn images, but I managed to get over this, and thouroughly
enjoyed the colouring.
The cup was a series a short vertical lines in
black, so I used my Blender Pen to paint over these lines using Sweet
cut along the top of the shelf and around the edge of the cup and
I saw this idea in a video by Stamp Art Connection, which my friend Cathy had recommended to me.
To make life easy, I cut the teapot handle off, and cut around
the edge of it separately.
To put my card together, I adhered the shelf,
teapot and cup onto a layer of Petal Garden DSP Stack, making sure I
lined it up at the bottom so no colour showed through.
Then I adhered
the handle in place.
adhered the DSP to a layer of Whisper White Cardstock (CS), and then
adhered this to a Sweet Sugarplum CS card base.
I stamped the sentiment
from the Beautiful Bouquet Stamp Set in Sweet Sugaplum Ink onto a piece
of Whisper White CS.
I die cut it using the Stitched Shape
Framlits, oval die no. 2, and layered it on to a piece of Sweet
Sugarplum CS that I'd die cut using the Layering Oval Dies, scalloped die no.
I stamped and die cut the bow in the same way.
finish my card, I adhered a layer of Whisper White CS inside the card.
decorated this with three stamped and die cut bows, using Sweet
Sugarplum Ink on Sweet Sugarplum Ink.
Oh boy, it was lovely to be back in
More of the same today!
Until tomorrow, happy crafting.