Tuesday, 4 July 2017

Born To Be Loved

Hello, Crafters.

I had a successful day yesterday and made two of the five videos I need before I fly to Thailand on Saturday. Yesterday evening I was creating today's card, and in my mind's eye I designed my swap for Thailand, which gives me the third of five videos!

I've had two new embossing folders I haven't used yet sitting on my desk for a little while. I decided to play with the one called Sweethearts. This is more or less an all over design except for an non-embossed heart. I've often wondered if the stamps from the stamp set called Born To Be Loved would fit in the heart. I've also wondered, if the stamps do fit, do they have to be stamped before of after embossing?

I decided to try the embossing first, and prepared my stamp-a-ma-jig for the stamping. The first sheet I embossed had a few tiny "splits" in the areas that had been embossed! This is a problem I often have with my Big Shot, but it's easily remedied! I cut a piece of Stampin' Up! Vellum Cardstock (CS) that measured 6" x 6", and put a line of Fast Fuse along one edge. I put the vellum inside the embossing folder with the Fast Fuse closest to the fold, facing the name Sizzix. I took another piece of Whisper White CS and ran it through my Big Shot. Perfection!

Using Bermuda Bay Ink, and my Stamp-a-ma-jig, I stamped the sentiment SO HAPPY FOR YOU in the middle of the non-embossed heart. It worked a dream! I was really pleased but the card looked incomplete. I knew I was a bit limited with my options because the card front had been dry embossed, which ruled out stamping. That left me with die cutting, or stamping plus die cutting. I chose the Bouquet Bunch Framelits because the set included dies for flowers and also had a co-ordinating stamp set called Beautiful Bouquet.



I die cut the cluster of four flowers, and a bow, using Bermuda Bay CS. Once all the die cut bits were removed, the flowers were left with star-holes in the flower centres. I die cut another set in Daffodil Delight CS and wanted to take the yellow centres to put them in the Bermuda Bay flowers. As the bits were so tiny, I decided to use a small square of the Sizzix Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet. I removed the top protective sheet to reveal the amazingly sticky layer, and adhered the Bermuda Bay flowers on top. I carefully picked up the Daffodil Delight die cut, and laid it on top of the Bermuda Bay flowers. Once the two sets of flowers were lined up perfectly, I used my paper piercer to push the centres out of the yellow flowers, down onto the exposed sticky centres of the blue flowers! It worked a charm, but then came the sticky bit! I covered the blue flowers with the top sheet I'd removed from the small adghesive square and rubbed all over it to make sure it was adhered down completely!

Then I removed the cover sheet and lifted the blue flowers with my tweezers. There were "webs of fine glue "sheets" between the cut-outs, which I removed with my Papr Piercer. It didn't take too much to remove the sticky bits but it was a bit messy. Apart from that, it did an excellent job...........so I did a second set for the left hand corner of my card! I also die cut a yellow bow, so I could offset it with the blue bow so a small amount of yellow was showing through like a shadow.

My final touch was to add the LETS CELEBRATE sentiment. I didn't line the inside of this card because now the front is finished I thought it looked a bit of a mish-mash, but I changed my mind when I looked at it again this morning! The best part of this card is it's helped me plan my Thailand swap card which will be anything but a mish-mash! LOL! Watch this space.

That's about it for today. I'm off to the hairdressers now and it's only 8.30am! Until tomorrow, happy crafting.

JanB.

No comments:

Post a Comment