Friday, 30 June 2017
I'm not sure it's because my business is growing so well, or because I'm getting older, but I seem to be getting more and more disorganised!
It concerns me that I might be inadvertantly overlooking some requests from crafters; I'm sorry if I've done this to you!
In an attempt to get myself better organised and prevent this from happening, when the new annual catalogue went live, I bought myself a Love Today Planner Kit (pages 12-13).
So far, it's been a terrific tool for me, and is working brilliantly.
At the beginning of each week, I plan my days with the jobs I need to do, and on that day, I find I stay focussed on my list.
During the day, when I receive requests that I'm not able to deal with immediately, I write it in my planner for that day.
At the end of the day, if there are any jobs I didn't do, I write them in for the next day.
As I can see what I have already planned for the end of the week, I know I can't allow myself to keep moving jobs onto the next day!
My planner is always open on the current week, by my desk, and it acts as my motivator.
This is just my second week of using my planner, and I'm only using it in this very basic way.
There are other options with this planner that I haven't started using, but it's doing a great job in keeping me organised and focussed as it is!
Another big THANK YOU to Stampin' Up! for another fantastic product!
Today's card isn't one of my favourites because the colour choice is less than ideal.
This happened because the card design is different from what I'd initially planned!
I'm still sharing the card because it's a technique you may like to try.
My original idea was to have the script sitting partially in the negative which I'd thought would be half a layer of plain cardstock with a patterned Designer Series Paper (DSP), or vice versa.
Then my plan was to decide what cardstock or DSP to use for the upper part of the layer.
The first thing I did was to die cut one Happy Birthday in Pool Party Cardstock and one in a design from the Whole Lot of Lovely DSP.
I adhered some Stampin' Up! Sizzix Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet at the back of the Pool Party negative and then adhered all the DSP cut outs in place.
Then I did the same to the DSP negative piece!
Then I had to decide what to do with the the sentiments.
I concentrated on the Pool Party negative sentiment, and layered it on a layer of the same DSP design.
As the colours are so similar and virtually disappear into each other, I needed something to give te card a lift!
I made a three layer daisy using the Daisy Punch and made a black centre, so it followed the design on the DSP!
This helped but it still needed more so I stamped three of the "half" daisies from the Daisy Delight Stamp Set and fussy cut them out.
I used the pen end of my Basic Black Marker Pen to highlight the centres of the flowers.
As yet I haven't created anything with the other sentiment, but I will do............one day!!
That's about it for today. Until tomorrow, happy crafting.