but by the skin of my teeth! I needed to make 260 wedding tags, but as I
said yesterday, I seriously miscalculated the amount of ribbon I
One of the ladies in my team, Amanda, threw me a lifeline with
the suggestion that maybe I could introduce a co-ordinating colour e.g.
white or cream.
I was going to check this with Vicki but decided against
it, having made up my mind I'd only ask if I knew I was doomed to fail.I used
my calculator to work out the maximum length each ribbon could be. Using
the small amount of ribbon I had left over from the invitations, I
tested this length on a tag to see how easy it'd be to tie in a double
I decided most people would be able to cope with it! I also
thought there are bound to be quite a few people who'd need help for
various reasons anyway .................so I decided to go for it.
took my ribbon scissors and carefully cut the whole of the first reel of
ribbon to this length, and made sure I cut at a slanted angle so I
wouldn't have to go back and tidy the ends up! By 9pm they were all
finished and I'd used every inch of ribbon! I'd made 264 tags and I've
wrapped three of them to show guests what they were being requested to
Less than 24 hours to go before I can embrace my wonderful new son-in-law and I shall savour every moment of the day tomorrow! Many
thanks for sticking with me during this wonderful occasion - normal
service will be resumed after the wedding! ☺
I've posted three more masculine cards from the archives, but like yesterday, they were made using Stampin' Up! products which have since retired.
Until tomorrow, happy