If you haven't checked it out already, have a look at the Clearance Rack - it was updated this morning!
started my card with a base of Delightful Dijon Cardstock (CS), then a layer of Basic Black CS and a top layer of Urban Underground Specialty
Designer Series Paper (DSP).
I didn't have
any idea what direction my card was going to take, except I wanted to make
some bees with Vellum wings!
stamped two bees using Archival Basic Black Ink, and coloured the
bodies using a Delightful Dijon Marker Pen and a Smokey Slate Marker Pen
for the wings.
Then I painted all over the bees with my Wink of
Stella Clear Gltter Pen and then fussy cut them.
I wiped a piece of Vellum CS with my Embossing Buddy, stamped two bees
in Versamark, and then covered with Black Embossing Powder.
heat set them both, I die cut them with the bee die from the Detailed
Dragonflies Framelits Dies.
I adhered one fussy cut and one die cut bee
together using Tombow just on the body, head and antennae.
found three "bee" sentiments to use:
HAPPY BEE-DAY was from the Hostess
Pun Intended Stamp Set;
YOU'RE SO SWEET was from the Bear Hugs Stamp
YOU'RE MY SWEET HONEYBEE was from the Shooting Star Stamp Set.
Unfortunately, all three stamp sets are being retired at the end of May!
Archival Basic Black Ink, I stamped the three sentiments onto small
strips of Very Vanilla CS and layered them onto Delightful Dijon CS.
create the beehive, I die cut a large oval using the Layering Oval Dies.
Then I put the cardstock oval back in the Big Shot with the oval die sitting in place so it cut the bottom edge with a
lightly sprayed both sides of the beehive with water, and then embossed
it using the Hexagons Dynamic Embossing Folder.
For the door, I used
the thicker end of the safety pin die that's in the Baby's First
I adhered everything together using Tombow, except the
beehive and the bee in the top left hand corner. I used Dimensionals
for both of these.
I adhered a layer of Basic Black CS and a layer of Shimmery White CS
inside the card.
I decorated it with two bees I'd stamped in Basic
Black Archival Ink, and had coloured the body and wings using the Delightful
Dijon Marker Pen.
The final touch was painting both bees with my Clear
Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Pen. this was a fun card to make! Until tomorrow, happy crafting.