Today's card is very unusual for me as it's very busy!
with most of my cards, I didn't really have much of an idea of what I
wanted to do except, with this one, I wanted to heat emboss the angel on vellum!
used Copper Embossing Powder and painted from the back using a Blender
Pen and inks. I used White Craft Ink for the dress and shoes; So Saffron
for the hair and the banner; Smokey Slate for the wings; Pink
Pirouette for the face, hands and legs.
Please note that the Blender Pens were not designed to be used with Craft Ink and probably won't clean up! I haven't tried yet but it is definitely not a recommended practice!
found a piece of Shimmery White Cardstock (CS) that I'd stamped around
the outside using Smokey Slate Ink using the flowery stamp from the
Touches of Textures Stamp Set.
I decided to use it as a frame for the
angel and I die cut the window using the largest die from the Lots of
To make the Smokey Slate Frame to go round the window,
I used the same die and cut another window out of a piece of Smokey Slate CS.
This left an impression of the outside edge of the die on the negative part of the cardstock which I cut around for the
I adhered it to the Shimmery White patterned window using
didn't like the look of the card when I put the angel on a plain white
background so experimented with a few different options.
was the Delightful Dijon star patterned sheet from the Presents and
Pinecones Designer Series Paper (DSP), but I wasn't happy that the stars
could be seen through her dress!
I stamped another angel on some
Whisper White CS using Smokey Slate Ink and cut out both parts of her
adhered the vellum to the back of the window, and then I adhered the Delightful
Dijon card base, Smokey Slate and DSP layers together.
Then I attached
the top of the top layer, to the top of the card base.
I put SNAIL on
the back of both dress pieces and placed them at the back of the vellum with
the sticky side down and when I decided they were in the exact correct position, I put it down
onto the DSP.
Then I did the second part of the dress, and once it was in
place, I adhered the rest of the top layer to the bottom layer.
decided the front of the card needed a bit more and added some stars from
the Starlight Thinlits. I found a scrap of Delight Dijon in my
scrap folder that had been stamped with the lacey stamp from the Touches
of Texture stamp set.
These finished the card off beautifully.
Sorry I'm so late today. My consultant gave me some new medication yesterday - I don't think I'll be taking that again, it knocked me out! Oh well, back to the drawing board. Until tomorrow, happy crafting.