I hope you had a great weekend.
I did two classes, one on Saturday afternoon and one on Sunday morning. They were the first classes I've done since May because I found it was getting too much for my back.
During my four months off, I spent a lot of time working out how I could get back to doing classes in spite of not making any progress with my back. I came up with two ideas.
The first one was instead of doing two classes on Saturday, back to back, I'd split them between two days, which would allow my back a night's rest between the two sessions.
My second idea was to plan all three projects around one stamp set, punch and Designer Series Paper. It worked out brilliantly. I didn't realise how much I'd missed doing lessons, in particular, the social side of it, because I've made so many friends through my classes.
Going forward, that's going to be my plan. This afternoon, I have my follow up appointment with my consultant after the six injections I had in my facet joints on 6th September 2016!
Yesterday, afternoon I spent some time in my studio working on a card for today. On Friday and Saturday, I showed you the two cards we would be making in class over the weekend. If you saw my blog on Friday, you'll remember the boo boo I made with the Best Wishes sentiment I'd used. If you didn't see it, the words underneath Best Wishes read "as the wedding bells ring"! DOH!!
I really just didn't notice when I used the stamp. Needless to say, we had a good laugh about it in both classes but it made me think that I should make a card for my blog using the sentiment correctly. Well, that was the plan, but it didn't quite work out like that.
I started my card with a Whisper White Cardstock (CS) base, with a layer of Smokey Slate CS, and a top layer of Whisper White CS.
I inked the bell stamp in Versamark, then Smokey Slate Ink and stamped onto a piece of Whisper White CS. Then I quickly dunked it into my Clear Embossing Powder box and shook off the excess. Then I heat set it using my Heating Tool!Using my Stamp-a-ma-jig, I inked the Mr and Mrs stamps in the same way and stamp one in each bell. Because it's possible to overheat embossing powder, I started the heat underneath the cardstock, then went on top and it melted virtually straight away - no overheating at all! YAY!!
I punched the bells out using the Bell Punch and started working on the top layer. I inked the scroll stamp the same way as I did the bell stamp and heat embossed - one top and one bottom. Using Dimensionals, I attached the bells to the card front. Then I used several scraps of Whisper White CS and heat embossed six outline Flower Stamps and two solid stamps using the Bloomin' Love Stamp Set. I die cut them using the Bloomin' Heart Thinlits Dies and curled them. I fixed them in place with Glue Dots. I tried find a space for the Best Wishes Sentiment that inspired this card but it just made it look overcrowded, so it will have to go go inside!
Until tomorrow, happy crafting.