It was good to get back into my studio yesterday! I wanted to make a shaker card so I could use the new Foam Adhesive Strips. They are brilliant!
Previously, I've successfully made shaker cards by cutting strips from the outside of the Dimensional sheets. I prefer these new strips because they are quite a bit thicker. The Dimensionals are 1/16" (1.59mm) thick and the Foam Strips are 1/8" (3.2mm) thick.
To make my card I started with a card base of Smokey Slate Cardstock, with a layer of Melon Mambo and a top layer of Smokey Slate. I used the new Layering Hearts Framelits Dies to die cut the top layer. Then I used the Happy Heart Embossing folder to emboss the top layer.
I positioned this onto the second layer and drew a pencil mark around the heart outline. Using my Stamp-a-ma-jig, I was able to stamp the sentiment in the correct position easily. The stamp set is called Live, Laugh, Love. I carefully erase the pencil line making sure I didn't touch the stamped image. Then, using Glue Dots, I adhered a piece of Window Sheet (acetate) over the heart.
I already had two half strips of the Foam Adhesive strips, so I started positioning them around the heart on the acetate window. I imagine that it might be difficult to work with complete strips because the adhesive is very strong and the strips are 9" (22.9mm) long. I'll test that next time I use them. It's a great product even if it does need to be used in half strips. I also put some strips on the bottom, top and sides.
I took a length of the Silver Satin Ribbon and adhered under the backing paper on the strips, and tied in a bow at the front.
I already had the punched hearts from previous projects and had been made by the now retired Heart Border Punch. I laid them in the centre of the stamped image. After removing the backing from the heart only, I positioned the top layer in place and adhered it down. I used my paper piercer to remove the backing paper from the strip around the edges. A little bit of a fiddle but not too bad!
As I was using the Layering Hearts I decided to try a Melon Mambo frame but it was very fiddly to get it glued in place. I'd used no. 7 die for the window to fit the sentiment and the largest heart is no 8 - so there was no choice. I went over it with the Clear Wink of Stella which added a lovely touch.
I hadn't planned on another sentiment but decided it needed one. I chose For The Newlyweds from Teeny Tiny Wishes - the size was ideal except I was planning to cheat! I wanted to stamp the sentiment, punch it out with the now-retired Word Window Punch and then cut the ends off so it looked like an oblong. No such luck! LOL! The sentiment was too long.
That's me getting back into the swing of things. Until tomorrow, happy crafting.