This morning I posted my video showing how I made the Flowers in a Teapot card I shared with you the other day - please see the last photograph for a new one I've made in this style.
Originally, I wasn't planning to make a video because it was quite fiddly with the stems and branches with leaves but I decided I should at least let you decide if it's too fiddly or not!
Just a quick note before I share my card with you today to remind you that on Friday and Saturday I shall be on the Stampin' Up! stand at the Make It Craft Show in Farnborough.
If you're planning to visit the show, please come over to the stand and say hello!
While you're visiting you can have a go at our Make-N-Take, watch one of four demonstrations that'll be happening during the day and have a go at our Free Prize Draw to win a basket of £150 of Stampin' Up! goodies!
Today's card is another masculine card that I made using the brilliant Going Global Stamp Set and Going Places Designer Series Paper (DSP) Stack.
Part of my inspiration came from a card I saw recently where someone had punched holes in the top layer of her card and put parts of the die cut from the Bloomin Heart Thinlits Die behind the apertures.
I've been wanting to use the map designs from the DSP Stack for a little while and decided to combine the two ideas.
I started with a card base of Basic Black Cardstock with a layer of Sahara Sand and a top layer of Whisper White.
Using Sahara Sand Ink and the constellation stamp from the Going Places Stamp Set, I stamped randomly over the top layer.
I punched out three 1.5" circles from some scrap cardstock and placed them on my card with removable adhesive.
When I was happy with the positioning, I used the die from the Circles Collection Framelits Dies to cut the holes.
I prefer the dies because I like the circle that gets embossed around the circle!
I selected which parts of the three different maps in the DSP Stack I wanted to use and punched 2" circles featuring Canada, the Caribbean and Europe.
I had to trim a small amount off the top and bottom of each circle so nothing showed through where I didn't want it to, when I adhered them in place using Tombow on the actual top layer.
To create the banner for the sentiment, I took a piece of Sahara Sand Cardstock and Sahara Sand Ink, and stamped the stripe banner stamp from the Amazing Birthday Stamp Set.
I then changed to Basic Black Ink and stamped the Happy Happy Happy Happy sentiment from the same stamp set onto the stripes.
I decided to cut the Sahara Sand banner freehand and the Basic Black with my cutter because I wanted a snug fit with the sentiment and I didn't want it taking up too much room on the card.
Both of these pieces could have been cut using the Banners Framelits Dies but, by doing it manually, I was able to make the banner a lot smaller than it would have been otherwise.
I adhered the top two layers together using Tombow and then wrapped some Black & White Baker's Twine around the right hand side of the card three times.
Then I adhered this to the card base.
I found I had to apply pressure to make this stick properly because of the thickness where the Baker's Twine was on the back of the top layers.
Finally, I adhered the sentiment over the Baker's Twine using Dimensionals.
I think that's about it for today. Until tomorrow, happy crafting.