Tuesday, 15 December 2015

Kraft Corrugated Challenge No. 1

Hello Crafters.

The most exciting news I have to share with you today, is that our insurance company met our claim for stolen property in full! No quibbles! How is that for first class, prompt service?

Now we're just waiting on a garage door company to come and check the repair hubby did to make sure it's been done to standard!

Yesterday's challenge card shows what a beautiful background the Kraft Corrugated Paper makes. The problem I had was to decide which colour card stock to use for the card base. I'd automatically thought I'd use Crumb Cake but the colour is oh so wrong!

So I took out my Kraft Card Stock, which is in the annual catalogue immediately underneath the Corrugated Paper - page 148. The colours are amazingly close. I added a layer of Whisper White Card Stock.

I die cut one of the baubles from the Corrugated Paper and it created a superb "embossed" edge all around it. Most of our Framelit dies do this but I think because this card stock is so thick, it's really very obvious and adds a significant amount of dimension to the card.

I also die cut the bauble topper from the Corrugated Paper but with the stripes going vertically which adds a nice but discreet touch to it.

Using Real Red Ink, I stamped the image from the Embellished Ornaments onto a piece of Whisper White Card Stock and adhered it behind the aperture - this was easier than stamping on the middle Whisper White layer. I found the easiest way to do the gluing was by putting Tombow around the reverse edge of the aperture.

I added three Rhinestones across the front of the bauble and then used two strands of our Linen Thread to make a bunny ears bow which I adhered using Tombow. I put an upturned punch on it to weight it done while the Tombow dried.

Again, using Real Red Ink and Whisper White Card Stock, I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set and immediately sprinkled it with Clear Embossing Powder.

Then I heat set it. I punched it out using the Extra Large Oval Punch and added three Rhinestones above and below the sentiment, which was then added to the card front with Dimensionals.

Although I liked the card design, it was looking rather bland and decided to add some stars, initially just in red in a random fashion.

Then I progressed to Red and Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Papers stars and then on to one stripe at the top and one at the bottom. Ta-da, I was really pleased with my design!

Until tomorrow, happy crafting.


No comments:

Post a Comment