Monday, 31 August 2015

Getting Prepared.............


Hello, Crafters.

We had such a relaxing day yesterday. We drove up to Buckinghamshire to visit an elderly friend and went out for a lovely lunch. Next time we go there, I think I'll have to ask for a child's portion! The food was great but there was just too much of it. I decided to have Eton Mess for my dessert. Once I'd recovered from the disappointment of finding they had left out the Mess - it was very well presented and looked very attractive - it was gorgeous!

When we arrived home in the evening, I finished getting my ribbon shares ready - they'll be on offer as from tomorrow, when the new Christmas catalogue goes live.

Also as from tomorrow, I will be offering a Hostess Code that should be quoted on all online orders until 29th. September 2015. As soon as the code is ready, I'll post it on my blog. By placing an order during September and using the Hostess Code, you will receive a hostess gift early in October.

PLEASE NOTE: a). this will only apply to the Stampin' Up! European Market (UK, Netherlands, France, Germany and Austria); b). if your order is over €200.00/£150.00 don't use the hostess code as you will be entitled to choose your own  hostess gift; c). you can't use the Hostess Code if you have put yourself down as No Contact.

On my blog on Saturday, I showed you the final project in last week's challenge, the Lantern. I'm planning to make a video because I think I have worked out a way to get round the two problems I told you about. They were that the base was too bulky to sit flat and the adhesion problem down the side.

For the 3D project at my classes on Saturday we made these flowers using the Spiral Flower Die. This is in preparation for a box we will be making as our 3D project next month.
 
In class, we added Dazzling Diamonds to the edges of the petals but when I was working on them in my studio, I sponged the edges of some of them with White Craft ink. Although they look great, I decided it was too messy to do in class!!

The first flowers I made, I used my glue gun but moved onto Glue Dots as it was easier. I also gave up trying to get the pearls inside the flowers as they kept somersaulting on their way in -very frustrating. The answer is to use complete pearls, not flat-backed!

Each flower came out looking different but I suppose that's just mimicking nature!

Until tomorrow, happy crafting!

JanB.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment