Thursday, 30 July 2015

Week 8 Challenge - Uses for Die Sets


Hello, Crafters.
 
Yesterday, I took the train into London to meet my sister for lunch. We don't see much of each other so we had a lot to catch up on while we were enjoying a really nice Thai lunch.

I stopped on my home to do some banking and then a quick bit of shopping. Then it was home and time to think about day 3. Day 1 was layering, day 2 was labelling and day 3 is what I'm calling a window............any suggestions?

My card base is Rose Red Cardstock with a layer of Whisper White Cardstock. Using a top layer of Rose Red, I die cut the window using number 3 die (the smaller the number, the smaller the die) from the Deco Labels Collection Framelits. I then embossed this top layer using the Happy Heart Embossing Folder.

I used the Blessed by God Stamp Set for the cross and the sentiment. I inked the stamp in Wild Wasabi Ink and then used one of our blender pens to remove the green ink from all the flowers. I then painted the flowers using Rose Red, Perfect Plum and Marina Mist marker pens. Before I stamped the image onto a large piece of Whisper White Cardstock, I huffed onto the stamp to re-moisten the ink. I was very pleased with how clear the image has  come out.

I put the thin edges of my Dimensionals at the back of the window, placed it centrally over the image and then adhered to the card front.

I stamped the sentiment on Whisper White Cardstock, using Rose Red Ink and punched it out using the large oval punch. Then I used the Scallop Oval Punch to punch out a piece of Regal Rose for a layer for the sentiment. Because I was putting two pieces of  the same colour cardstock on top of each other, I used my white gel pen to draw some dots in each of the scallops.

To finish off, I stamped one large and one small butterfly from Papillon Potpourri Stamp Set using Rose Red on Whisper White. Then I punched them both out using the corresponding punches, adhered their bodies together with Tombow and attached to the card with a Dimensional. As always, I finished off with a row of pearls along the butterfly's body.

Other ways this window could be used are by having an acetate sheet immediately behind the window or to stamp the image onto vellum and adhere immediately behind the window.

I hope you've enjoyed this week's third project.


Until tomorrow, happy crafting.

JanB.

No comments:

Post a Comment