Wednesday, 29 July 2015

Today's Video & Week 8 Challenge

Hello, Crafters.

I have just uploaded today's video which shows how to make the money bags I showed you here on Saturday - please see the last photograph.  This is the video link: EPB Money Bags

The boxes are project 2 for my Week 8 Challenge, Different Uses For Die Sets. Yesterday I told you I already knew what I would be doing and that I was really looking forward to it! 

I use the Stampin' Up! Stamp Storage Boxes for other items of my stash as well as stamps. They are an ideal size and they sit on the shelves along with my stamps.

I have one for rhinestones, pearls, candy dots, another one for doilies, googly eyes, epoxy stickers and, would you believe it, one for Owl Punched Body Parts! LOL!

(Oh dear! I've just realised I've spelt doilies incorrectly!)

I hadn't ever done anything to make my boxes look nice and I thought this would be a great opportunity to do something to remedy that.

I also thought, what a great way to use up more of the old style Designer Series Paper stacks - another step closer to being able to order the beautiful new designs! YAY!

The DSP is in the front and side sections only. I thought I'd leave the back section open, like the stamp sets, as it's useful to be able to see the contents without actually having to open the box.

The sizes of DSP needed for these boxes in this way, are as follows:

Clear Mount box - 7" x 5 5/8"
Wood Mount box full size - 7" x 6 3/8"
Wood Mount half size - 3 1/4" x 6 3/8"

When you insert your DSP, make sure it is all inside the plastic cover - any DSP that is outside will get damaged with contact use.

I used a different colour for each box so it would be easy to remember which box contained what!
 
I printed the labels on my PC using a sheet of Whisper White Cardstock and I added the Stampin' Up! logo. 

I used number 1 of the Deco Labels Collection Framelits (the smaller the number, the smaller the die) to cut the label for the front of the box.

I then die cut the layer with size 2 using the appropriate coloured cardstock. I cut the spine labels as thinly as possible using my cutter. I adhered all the labels to the boxes using Tombow glue.

Now I need to put my thinking cap on for project 3! Until tomorrow, happy crafting.

JanB.

No comments:

Post a Comment